Re: JUPITER lense

Sorry for the delay in this Kostas - I have been insanely busy lately

I wrote:
> >Possibly there is a fault in the linkage on the lens which tells the
camera
> >what f stop the lens is set at..

Kostas:
> well, there is NO linkage between the camera and the lense. (don't you
> remember?)

<slaps forhead> of course! :-)

> i can only use the AV feature in my camera, and at this setting it
measures
> assuming an f/3.5 aperture (according to manual). that is a happy
> coincidence since your lense is f/3.5 too...so at this aperture
measurement
> should be ok. still the 1 stop overexposure is needed, si i wonder if
indeed
> the aperture stucks?

I don't recall that happening, maybe something happened to it in the post?

> no matter what the reason i planned a test of both the makinon and the
> jupiter lense, and maybe i'll go to the service lab and have the lenses
> checked with the proper machine...see what comes out...
> thanx and cheers, kostas

I hope it all works out and whatever the results, once you  _know_  your
equipment you can overcome it's failings and use it for what it's best at -
that's what all the old masters we admire so much used to do!

karl