Re: JUPITER lense

>Possibly there is a fault in the linkage on the lens which tells the camera
>what f stop the lens is set at..
>
>the little lever sticking ot the back of the lens could be bent a bit which
>means the lens might be saying to the camera that the lens aperture is set
>at 5.6 when in fact it might actually be at something like f4...
>
>Karl

well, there is NO linkage between the camera and the lense. (don't you
remember?)
i can only use the AV feature in my camera, and at this setting it measures
assuming an f/3.5 aperture (according to manual). that is a happy
coincidence since your lense is f/3.5 too...so at this aperture measurement
should be ok. still the 1 stop overexposure is needed, si i wonder if indeed
the aperture stucks?
no matter what the reason i planned a test of both the makinon and the
jupiter lense, and maybe i'll go to the service lab and have the lenses
checked with the proper machine...see what comes out...
thanx and cheers, kostas