Re: Photo Essay, sort of

At 09:13 PM 5/15/2002 -0700, John Mason wrote:
>Jeff, I'm still interested in the thought that went
>into the shooting and the presentation.

http://www.spirer.com/images/thewall/

I had planned to shoot both the stage show and behind the
scenes.  Originally, there was a "lights-up" dress rehearsal I was going to
shoot at, but it was cancelled.  The lighting on stage was really low, too
low for shooting at 800 most of the time.  But backstage had passable
lighting, so I decided to try and capture some of the feelings around the
show, especially backstage.  The presentation is organized to show some
still-lifes, a variety of backstage scenes, and a few stage shots.  In the
end, it probably does say more about me than the subject, which is why I
chose not to use the word "documentary."

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/