Re: The Wyndham Montreal Pinhole Camera Project

Sorry about the extensive quoting :-)

Guy Glorieux wrote:

> We chose a 40" focal length
> While the tests strips we had placed on the extremities
> of the frame suggested then that we might be underexposed, the centre,
> by that time was quite over exposed.
> The next stage for us is to do a contact print of the paper negative
> into a positive image.
> We need to illuminate an area 12.5 x 8.5 feet,
> and there is about 7 stops density difference between the centre of the
> image
> working with a single lamp projector 15 feet above the print
> the last stop and a half is really hard to
> tackle....

My suggestion, for what its worth, is to attempt to emulate the exposure
conditions as closely as possible for the printing.

I'd try a bulb hung 40" from the paper to try to duplicate the light
falloff you go when taking the image.  Naturally I'd try to minimise
stray reflections.

At 40 inches even a bulb will pretty much approximate a point source.

Steve