RE: Photo Essay, of sorts

snippity-snip

> > I imagine that this is the sort of thing 18-year-olds
> > get excited about in Photo Essay 101.  Never got a
> > chance to take that course.
>
> This seems gratuitously nasty to me, especially when directed at a
> photographer of Jeff's stature.  It's hard not to interpret this as
> hostile, despite your introductory plea.  (and Jeff, at least, will
> remember that I'm not shy about criticizing those of greater stature
> than myself).
> --
> David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
>  John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net
>         Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/
>                  Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/

When Jeff posted the link to his photos I had a look and I was quite envious
of the contrast, clarity and overall quality of the images. I also enjoyed
the content and composition of the images. I am a huge fan of Pink Floyd and
specially 'The Wall' but had I not known the topic of the essay I would not
have enjoyed them any less.

I assumed from Jeff's original post that he had somewhat hastily set up this
display so that we could share his work. I too had to scroll the images to
get them on my screen but they fit once scrolled. It really wasn't a problem
for me though.

I began to read John's critique of Jeff's web page but found it to be a
little extreme. Then I got bored and boiled up a bag of elbow macaroni and
hastily build an inverted scale model of the Sistine Chapel then passed out
and never got to the nasty bit at the end of John's post.

Greg Fraser
London, Ontario Canada
http://www.geocities.com/fraserg1962