PF members' exhibits - partial comment.

Title: PF members' exhibits - partial comment.
Nice gallery this week. I'm a fan of pattern and abstraction and there are some great examples.
Roderick Chen - The trees remind me of a Callaghan pic. Nice tone - I'd be tempted to crop the left tree out to make it more symmetrical.
Greg Fraser - Fence Weeds. The centre ring of the ringlock fence is reminiscent (for me) of religious statuary as in a celtic cross and this is reinforced by the swollen, rusted surface. Yes, I'd probably crop out the left tendril.
D.L. Shipman - Anclote River Scene. Appropriate given your surname. Love the confused mass of booms and masts anchored by the white hulls. How the hell did you get the effect of the rigging looking as if it's embossed on the background?
Marylyn Dalrymple - Gate and Window. I'd really love to see a good print of this instead of a little jpeg - selenium toned perhaps? An absolute classic of a BW image.
Liked them all this week but these four really impressed.
AndrewF