Re: PF members' exhibits on May 4, 2002

At 8:15 AM -0400 5/8/02, Gregory Fraser wrote:
>Alan P. Hayes (Study for Buick-Oldsmobile Reunion Two) - Looks like a
>mid-western stand-off shaping up except those are usually Ford VS Chevy and
>involves at least one gun rack in the back window. I don't know who
>north-east Buick people hate. Volvo people? Peugot? Actually Alan its
>interesting seeing your project develop. Please keep us pictorially posted
>as future updates occur.

It hadn't occurred to me that we looked so belligerent, but now that
you mention it, it's definitely there. I have the luxury of
reshooting to some extent, though my automobile wrangler has since
moved to South Carolina.

There's definitely too much space around. Before I'm through there
will be a lot more space and it will be filled with boring
nondescript silver cars. I have to take the Oldsmobile back to its
owner tomorrow, so I will be shooting it later today.

I think Volvo and Peugeot people are pretty much beneath the notice
of Buick/Oldsmobile people in these parts. Off hand I would guess
Ford or maybe something Japanese. They may not be capable of strong
passions at this point in their lives. I'm not from around here,
consequently there's a lot I don't know.

I will try to get a web page of some sort going for this picture as
it develops. And Greg, the offer of a part hanging on to the driver's
door still stands. Civilian clothes or the Canadian national costume
as described in your earlier post, either would be fine. You can
contact me off-list!

A.
Thanks for the feedback!
--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design