I'm back

and may be for some time. I got married, sort of am now retired as we had to
move because of my wife's career, so am seeing if I am still a competent
photographer.

I picked up an interesting compact digital camera over the weekend, an
Olympus c-2 also known as a D-230. It has spot metering, can turn off the
flash, and has a fixed focus equivalent of a 35mm f2.8 lens, and since I am
so used to my beloved leicas, I shunned more expensive zooms that wouldn't
give me the ambient results I like.

This is a good camera. It's tame and unresponsive compared to the M6's but
the instant preview and editing facilities are worth their weight in gold.
Image resoultion is 2 million pixels, which is enough for snapshots and
printing small images and on one occasion good enough to do a crop for web
publication. I've put this weekends test shots on the web at

http://bouncing.org/gallery/

all images have been sized down for display on the web, all have been dodges
and burnt in photoshop. They are just excersizes really, but feel free to
have a look.

nod.