Re: another couple postcards

Jay Bjerkan <jbjerkan@fcs.net> writes:
> The photograph was printed on a Forte paper and dry-mounted (using heat &
> drymounting tissue) on a piece of archival mount board from Light
> Impressions. ...

Can I ask a rather elementary question? Are you *mailing* the postcard
prints (so they have writing and a stamp on the back), or putting them
in envelopes and sending them?

I've been concentrating for some time on photographing things I want to
put on my website, so I have skipped rather on the print thing. But I've
found that my HP printer produces quite reasonable looking postcard
prints - the paper is a bit flimsy, but has the standard Japanese
"Postcard" stuff on the back, and I've mailed a couple successfully. I
asked the other day about having prints made at postcard size: the
ordinary (Fuji Frontier?) prints are 30 yen (probably no more than it
costs me in paper and *ink*), but the standard photographic paper isn't
merely thin, it's also hard to write on. Having Postcard postcards
printed costs many times more (well, about 200 yen each, if you have 10
>from one negative!)

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
http://imaginatorium.org/