Re: another couple postcards

On Fri, 3 May 2002, chandler wrote:

> Can I ask a rather elementary question? Are you *mailing* the postcard
> prints (so they have writing and a stamp on the back), or putting them
> in envelopes and sending them?

  Most, though not all, people so far have mailed the prints as
postcards.

> "Postcard" stuff on the back, and I've mailed a couple successfully. I
> asked the other day about having prints made at postcard size: the
> ordinary (Fuji Frontier?) prints are 30 yen (probably no more than it
> costs me in paper and *ink*), but the standard photographic paper isn't
> merely thin, it's also hard to write on. Having Postcard postcards
> printed costs many times more (well, about 200 yen each, if you have 10
> >from one negative!)

  Here it is easy to find postcard 'backing' at most camera stores,
even the pseudo-ones, like Ritz/Wolf which are 4x6 inch
cut sheets of heavy paper, with adhesive on one side, and the
other has the standard postcard format, divided into the message
side and address side, and the ubiquitous "Place Stamp Here" square
in the upper right. You simply take your photo-paper print, stick
it on (carefully, once it's on...it's *on*), and voila' instant
postcard, and plenty sturdy enough for the US postal service.

                                        --- Luis