Re: Digital Plunge

Bill,

I use the on-camera flash for the E10. I don't know the guide number offhand
 but I usually use the flash for photos up to about 15 feet. Because of the
increased shadow detail you seem to get with digital, it's probably good for
quite a bit more with print manipulation in the digital darkroom.

My friend, the photojournalist, uses the E10 with a Vivitar 285 and thinks
the combination is fantastic. On other thing about the E10/20 is that it has
a PC connector so you can shoot a studio flash unit. This is perhaps the
least expensive digital camera with this fitting.

It is said, but I cannot tell you due to a total lack of experience, that
the Olympus FL-40 is the best way to go.

But I have been very happy with no more than the built-in flash unit. It
suits my needs well enough.

cheers,

rand
ferret@wyoming.com