Re: Review

Marilyn wrote:

<javascript:{}>Alan P. Hayes
Study for Buick-Oldsmobile Reunion:  Another great sample of using
perspective and a vanishing point.  It must have been a fairly
complicated task, to piece this together.  Very nice work.

  Actually this isn't very hard the way I do it. I have the Coolpix
800 mounted on a tripod. and just swing it and take however many
overlapping shots I need. It doesn't really matter whether the camera
is digital or not. Then I take the various shots and paste them into
a single Photoshop document and line them as close as I can. Then I
use a real soft eraser (set up as a low pressure airbrush) to soften
the junctions between the layered sections. The hardest part is
balancing the exposure and white balance, which can be a bit tricky
because this particular camera can tend to reset itself if I'm not
careful.
This is just the background for the final picture, which involves
taking elements from a lot more shots, in this case a Buick and an
Oldsmobile parked in a lot of different spots and inserting them in
this background.
--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design