Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Event System

Hi,

I'm kinda interested in this too.
Can someone please tell us how this feature will work, or at least point in right direction?

Thanks,
Andrejs Cainikovs.

Jean-Gérard Pailloncy wrote:
Hi,

I study the possibility to devellop an application with libevent and
postgresql. I discover that a new "Event System" will be present in libpq
8.4.

I would like to know if, when I send asynchronously a query to the server
with PQsendQuery/PQsendQueryPrepared, the "Event Callback Procedure" will
be call when the result is ready and then the callback will call
PQgetResult ?
No more need to monitor the connexion waiting for the next result...

Cordialement,
Jean-Gérard Pailloncy