Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"

Scott Marlowe wrote:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Jason Long
<mailing.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg Smith wrote:

I wonder if I'm the only one who just saved a copy of that post for
reference in case it gets forcibly removed...

Recently I was thinking about whether I had enough material to warrant a
2008 update to "Why PostgreSQL instead of MySQL"; who would have guessed
that Monty would do most of the research I was considering for me?

--
* Greg Smith gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

I quit using MySQL years ago when the default table type did not have
transactions and subqueries were not existent.  The features I was looking
for were already in PostgreSQL for several versions.

I am surprised to see such an honest post regarding MySQL.

"Sun Picks Up MySQL For $1 Billion" to bad for them they did not go with
PostgreSQL.  :)

It's free.  The pgsql community, however, is priceless.

No doubt.  The pgsql community rocks.  In fact the support on this mailing list is top notch and free.  :)

Thank you a million times over to anyone that has give me advice here.  I have never gotten bad advice from this list.