Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows ODBC Driver

Stephen Frost wrote:
Greg,

* Greg Lindstrom (gslindstrom@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I would like to connect to Postgres from Python running on a Windows box.  I
need the ODBC driver to create a windows ODBC datasource.  I've been looking
for two days and have found lots of dead links, but no drivers.  Can someone
please help me locate a driver so I can connect?

I would guess this is what you're looking for?:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

	Enjoy,

		Stephen

FWIW I cannot get the ODBC driver to work correctly with ADO and the OLE DB provider for ODBC. It sees TEXT fields as VARCHAR instead of LONGVARCHAR. I do not know if the problem is at the ODBC level or the ADO level but test carefully if you are going to use TEXT fields.

Bill