Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PGCon vs Postgresql Conference

Anyway my suggestion to Sim is to read about each conference on the
respective conference websites:

http://www.postgresqlconference.org/why/
http://www.pgcon.org/2008/

I read those, I was just confused as to why there were 2 conferences on the same topics one right after the other. Someone mentioned that one is commercial and the other is not-for-profit, so someone might define PGCon as proprietary and say the postgresqlconference is open source, but that would start a flame war and would be inappropriate being that both of them are supporting open source software, and nobody is against making a profit (except Communists, and they're not against profit as long as the guy who worked hard to earn it doesn't get to keep it).

In any case, I wanted to go to one of them, but I can't because one is on the weekend, which I can't attend, and the other ends late Friday afternoon, which is bad for me (but I'll have to wait until the schedule and costs are posted before I'll know for sure).