Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Syntax error in a large COPY

My point is: with top-posting I don't care how many lines were repeated because I don't have to scroll.

Considering there is an RFC that recommends inline posting over
top-posting (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855), and considering the
fact that this topic has been beat to death on dozens of mailing lists
and the predominant preference is _not_ for top-posting -- perhaps you
should either follow the preferences of the group, or leave the group.

I'm with Thomas. I think that, while inline posting is a good thing, bottom posting is dead stupid and wastes my time. It is far easier to follow a thread with top posting as the relevant text is right there at the top ready to be read.

But this horse has been beat to death before...

Obviously not, as it keeps coming back to life.  I guess it's an
undead horse?

No, just not everyone agrees with your viewpoint on this topic. Top posting has it's place and some of us prefer it. Obviously I'm not doing it but it's only because of the large amount of anal retentive people on lists like this. And so... with that my view is out there. I hate bottom posting. But I for one will do it to keep the peace.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq