Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Tables dissapearing

Also, in your original post you mentioned a "proprietal CMS system". Is this proprietary to your company or one that you've purchased? The fact that the same table going on multiple dbs all being run by that CMS system certainly makes it worthy of suspicion.

This is software developed in our company... so I'm sure it's not duing aby schema manipulation. I'm actually senior developer of this project by accident :-)

The strange thing is, all the projects are completelly independend... has its own DB, folder with scripts, different data... just the DB user is the same... so it's higly unprobable, that it'll do 2 similar errors in thow distinct databases at nearly the same time...

When this problem appeared for the first time, I had clearly the wraparound problem... I did vacuum it and partially restored the data... but in some meantime, I had commands like \dt showing all relations twice... (some system catalog problem)... then I did full dump and restore along with upgrade to newest pgsql server software... this duplicity was gone and never appeared again.

From above mentioned duplications of relatio names and what Tom wrote recently (doesn't see like WA problem), it looks like the relation name is/gets corrupted in some way and this corruption is internally taken over to another instance of relation named the same but in another database... but I know - it's too speculative.

Maybe the binary backups of all the DB files from the time of this problem can give some answers?

Regards,
--
Kamil