Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Tables dissapearing

brian wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Kamil Srot <kamil.srot@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

One more thing:
The project runs proprietal CMS system and there are more instances of it with the same database layout in different databases. Every time the "lost" table is the same one - the bussiest one (mostly read)... and everytime the "lost" table is gone from more projects at once... today it was 2 projects affected out of 7 in the same pgsql server... it looks also like the problem happens everytime short after midnight - scarry - ha ha :-)

Tables don't just "disappear" like that.  Check your application code
to see if it's not dropping the table someplace.

            regards, tom lane

grep -i drop your_application_dir

This was the first thing, I checked... if something, this is the thing, I'm 100% sure is not the case. The application doesn't manipulate with the database schema at all... so no CREATE/ALTER/DROP statements anywhere. On top there is the "dissaperance" from more databases at once (they are absolutelly no interconnected in any way - all live their own life)

I don't say, it's gone by itself, I'm asking for help debuging this situation and hopefully find a solution. For the first time it happened, it had the same symptoms - this specific table was missing and transaction counter was wrapped-around. Now it seems to be the same but the transaction counters are far below the critical value...

It happened four times already and the customer is starting to become crazy... the same as I do...

Thank you, Tom, Brian and all who read it, for your time!

Regards,
--
Kamil

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq