Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slightly OT.

On 6/2/07, Gregory Stark <stark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Alexander Staubo" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would love for the answer to have been "sorry, we did not have time
> or manpower enough to implement fully transparent replication yet,
> because it's a rather complex, you see";

Would you still love that if you're one of the people who use replication to
move the data to a reporting database which has a modified schema appropriate
for the different usage? This improvement would make it useless for that
purpose.

All you would require is a simple boolean flag to enable or disable
automatic DDL propagation, surely. Clearly people use replication for
different purposes; the current system favours people who prefer to
handle DDL propagation manually, and I am not one of them.

Alexander.