Search Postgresql Archives

Re: perfromance world records

2007/2/24, Joshua D. Drake <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> Certified TPC tests are *expensive* to run.  If you search the PG
>>> archives for "TPC" you will probably find some relevant prior
>>> discussions.
>
> What about non-certified tests?
>
> Or has the TPC copyrighted/licensed/whatever the tests, so that you
> can only publish certified results?

You can not publish TPC tests without a TPC fee :). However there are
plenty of other tests such as dbt2 and odbcbench that can give you
comparable and free results.

I mentioned a TPC test as an example: any kind of (well known)
"standard" test would do.
I guess it goes without saying anyone running such a test would do
well to send word to the mailing list with a URL to the results. :)

t.n.a.