Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Best way to store and retrieve photo from PostGreSQL

Hello Tomas,

Tomas Vondra wrote:

Store the pictures in the filesystem and only the path, description and
other metadata in the database. My suggestion ;-)

Andreas

Anyway, I do recommend storing images in the database, using a 'bytea' column for the binary data (and load them only if reallly needed, using proper projection). You can do some benchmarks, but I've never head

Would you say the same if the images were each 30MB+ and there were thousands of them, possibly needing to be stored on several hardwares?
Thanks