Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?

wheel wrote:

I guess the reason is that the pg system database etc are lodged in the hive under \base\, and the system db contains the metadata about the db to be restored?

Actually, the users etc. are stored in \global\
The transaction log (WAL) is in \pg_xlog\
And so on...

Unfortunately I've tried this now (exact same version of pg windows binary, user, password etc) and it didn't work. I'll just forget about the db I was trying to restore, it wasn't important, and has certainly not been worth the train wreck intro to the group.

Hmm - certainly should work.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd