Search Postgresql Archives

returning parameters from function

Hi!

Is there any plan to add implicit declaration of returning parameters for functions?
Something like:
create function list(in a int) returns setof implicit record as
$$
if a=1 then select * from table1;
else select * from table2;
end if;
$$
languge sql;

which would than dynamically create output parameters depending on
selected query inside.

I think this would be very helpful, and is one of the
most missing features from MSSQL for me.

One other feature that I miss, but no so much is:
storing the entire function, not just the body
(because of this pg cant remember exactly how I wrote the
function, and if there are many parameters inside I get a looong first line)

Regards,
Rikard