Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Replication and PITR

Jim Nasby wrote:
You can work around it right now, too; you just need an external process that will find the active WAL file and periodically copy it to the backup. I'm pretty sure there's info in the archives about the details of setting this up, and there's also the PITRHA project on pgFoundry.
I have seen the PITRHA project, but it looked a bit to much like a hack to me. By doing to much hacking I just end up locking me into a fixed PG version, and that I don't like the sound of.

/BL