Search Postgresql Archives

Replication and PITR

Hi ...

I have been trying to find a replication to a payment system at the company I work, and Slony-I is of cause the first thing that game into my attention. But when reading chapter 23.3 in the PG manual, there is this comment of PITR used as a replication tool.

I also saw the "pgpitrha" project, and this sounds really nice too, but is this a good way to go ? Will PITR be more replication friendly in the future or even form the basis for a future buildin async replication form ?

I may be naive, but to me it sound like we/I only need some kind of protocol (or API in postgres) to move PITR data from one server to another, and we could end up with a nice async replication system.

pros :
- DDL replications
- low overhead
- no trickers

Cons:
-  binary alike master slave

Is this possible, or is it possible to write a module for PG that provide this kind of transportation, or have I been spending too much time together with MySQL :-)

Regards

/BL