Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres in government

Mark Steckel wrote:
I have also scrounged the Internet looking for examples of Postgres being used in government, preferably in 24x7 capacities.

I find googling for vendors who are known to use PostgreSQL and searching for people's resumes is a good way to find descriptions of Government projects along with contacts for references. Here's a couple that look interesting.

US Navy, Northrop Grumman

  Use PostgreSQL in the Navy Enterprise Portal and the Fleet
  Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center(FNMOC) Portal:

  http://kennethbowen.com/kbresume.html

  " Develop J2EE application to store user profiles for the Navy
    Enterprise Portal and the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography
    Center(FNMOC) Portal using JBoss application server and
    PostgreSQL database.
  "

DOD, USGS, USDA, Army Corp of Engineers, Navy, through a company called Sanz:

  http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-March/007399.html

  Sanz manages
    "tens of terrabyte datasets of raster and vector
     data for the DOD, USGS, USDA, Army Corp of
     Engineers, Navy, etc."
  using postgresql and postgis

http://archives.postgresql.org