Search Postgresql Archives

Postgres in government

Hello,

Sorry for the cross post.

I am working on a requirements and recommendation document for a division of the State of Hawaii Attorney General's office. We are proposing that Postgres be used for the application database. Not too surprisingly we are being asked for additional information because Postgres is open source.

We all know that Postgres is good and given the requirements and scale of this project (fairly small) it is a very good fit. I have looked at the case studies listed on postgresql.org and searched the mailing list archives. I have also scrounged the Internet looking for examples of Postgres being used in government, preferably in 24x7 capacities. Overall, not a lot of examples out there, which seems strange because I know it is being used by various government agencies.

Its the communities of users and developers that make open source software so powerful, I decided that the best course of action was to leverage the community.

So, if you have used Postgres (or know that it has been used) for a government project, especially in a 24x7 environment, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. Ideally, I need more than just the project name. Specifically, A brief description of the project, number of users/transactions as day/week/month, etc, whatever details you have and can share.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list. And since I'm leaving on vacation in 3 days, please CC my coworkers at postgres-info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance
Mark