Search Postgresql Archives

Re: constant crashing

Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Unless it does. That is the point of the questions, getting to what is
> actually causing the issue. Until the problem can be boiled down to a
> reproducible test case there really is not much hope of anything more
> then the the 'yes you have a problem' answer.

IIUC, the crashes are not reproducible for the OP either.  I hesitate
to suggest "maybe the hardware is flaky" because that seems like
passing the buck.  Still, from the info we have the table definitions
are extremely simple and so are the queries, making it hard to believe
that some rare Postgres bug is being tripped over.  It makes no sense
to be seeing this level of instability in mainstream usage on a stable
OS and stable Postgres release.  So I'm starting to think that a
hardware problem might be the most plausible explanation.

In any case, there is no information we have that suggests any
plausible line of investigation towards a software problem.
If we can see a crash stack trace or two, maybe that would change.

			regards, tom lane