Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Dropping a temporary view?

Top-posting is frowned upon on these lists.  Please try to reply online or at worse after the comments you are referencing.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024, 10:54 Celia McInnis <celia.mcinnis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, unfortunately I didn't do an explain on the slow query - and it's too late now since the views are removed. However, I never had a delay when waiting for the view to be created in my web software, so, I'll just proceed being more careful and hope that the delay seen was due to some big mess I created.

If it isn't reproducible it is hard to diagnose. Given the time difference if it isn't fundamentally a different view then I'd be inclined to suspect locking issues as a probable factor.

David J.