Search Postgresql Archives

Re: could not open file "global/pg_filenode.map": Operation not permitted

Thank you for your reply Laurenz.
I don't think it is related to any third party security software. We have several other machines with a similar setup, but this is the only server that has this issue.

The one thing different about this machine however, is that it runs 2 instances of Postgres:
- cluster A on port 165
- cluster B on port 164
Cluster A is actually a backup from another Postgres server that is restored on a daily basis via Barman. This means that we login remotely from the Barman server over SSH, stop cluster A's service (port 165), clear the Data folder, restore the latest back into the Data folder, and start up the service again.
Cluster B's Data and service (port 164) remain untouched during all this time. This is the cluster that experiences the intermittent "operation not permitted" issue.

Over the past 2 weeks, I have suspended our restore script and the issue did not occur.
I have just performed another restore on cluster A and now cluster B is throwing errors in the log again.

Any idea why this is happening? It does not occur with every restore, but it seems to be related anyway.

Thanks,

Nick Renders