Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Documentation diff

> jian he <jian.universality@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
> but I guess the OP wants a side by side rendered html comparison.
> like you buy a iphone then you can compare it like this:

No, I want show what changes ocurred on both versions, the page your are seeing and other you selected. But both on same page, not side by side.

On every page you have on title Supported Versions: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12.
I would like to see on right of that some radio buttons, for Comparing Version: rb16 / rb15 / rb14 / rb13 / rb12. If these rb16, rb15 are radio buttons, I can compare actual page with one of previous versions, only one.
So, if you are showing a CREATE TABLE of version 16 and you are comparing with 14 version, that STORAGE ... part would be painted with green background, because it was added on 16 version.

If you change this part of that page
[ STORAGE { PLAIN | EXTERNAL | EXTENDED | MAIN | DEFAULT } ]
could be rewritten as

Then a simple JS would show that text with background color green only if comparing version you've selected is 15 or less

This page has another change, but only if you compare with version 11 of before, because WITH OIDS was removed on version 12.
So, this text
[ WITH ( storage_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) | WITH OIDS | WITHOUT OIDS ]
could be rewritten as

This time that part would show something red, just to show that this part was removed, maybe.

I know that we have to rewrite all html pages changing that this or that text was added or changed, but I think if possible to find a tool to do that.
And to know what exactly was changed on every page of docs would be much better.

regards
Marcos