Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Documentation diff

Which problem are you trying to solve?  You should be reading the version of
the docs which corresponds to the version you are running.  If you are trying
to figure out an upgrade then the release notes are probably a better starting
point.
Daniel Gustafsson

All the time we have doubts about what function exists in what version, or was changed.
IS JSON belongs to 15 or 16, MERGE was done on 14 or 15, as example, are completely new, so that feature will not run on previous versions.
But sometimes a function is changed a bit or a new easier function is added, like [1].
Before all those new JSONPATH operators and methods were added, I could do all those operations and return anything I wanted, but they are a lot easier.

But if I don't read that page carefully, word by word, I will not see that that function exists. And this needs to be done on all pages.
What changes were done on CREATE TABLE for version 16 ? Hmm, cool, STORAGE can be defined at CREATE TABLE stage and not only at ALTER TABLE anymore.
But to know that I have to read that page carefully, do you understand me ?

So I was thinking of a way to get differences between this and that versions, and for all doc pages.
Something like we already have on [2], it explicits, this feature was introduced, this was changed, this does not exist anymore.

regards
Marcos