Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Debugging postgres on Windows - could not open directory "/lib"

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 6:54 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/21/23 14:12, Cathy Xie wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I'm trying to build and debug postgresql on Windows.  After building
> successfully, a file named pgsql.sln was generated.  I opened it in
> Visual Studio 2022, and set 'postgres' as the single startup project.
> But when I started debugging it, the error came out:
>
> 'FATAL: could not open directory "/lib": No such file or directory.
>
> Here is my 'pgsql' Property setting in Visual Studio:
> Screenshot_20230221_052101.png
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some suggestions
> on how to fix this issue.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your email!

1) How did you build it?

I installed ActivateState Perl, Bison, and Flex. Then I ran the command ```build Debug``` under directory postgres/src/tools/msvc

2) Open pgsql.sln in a text editor and report the results here.

Here was the result when I opened pgsql.sln in Visual Studio 2022, and ran the postgres.exe.

Screenshot_20230222_091621.png

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!
Cathy

--
Adrian Klaver