Search Postgresql Archives

Re: RLS without leakproof restrictions?

Hi Tom!

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 at 14:16, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you're happy allowing the application to decide if the filters will
be enforced, maybe just create some views embodying those filters, and
query those views when you want restrictions?

Yeah, thanks very much for the suggestion. It's more maintenance than RLS policies as we'll need to update views as tables are modified, and we'll need to ensure that the app never selects from the underlying table, but it still beats needing to add filter clauses across the codebase.

Thanks

Tom