Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Attaching database

On 10/15/22 08:20, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 10/14/22 21:46, Igor Korot wrote:

Making catalog current means switching between DBs.
Remember initially I connected to (finance) DB, which made the (finance) catalog
current.
Then I "opened a second connection" to (finance_2021), which made
that current catalog and so that select would give me all tables from
(finance_2021).

No you didn't.

Rough outline of what happens:

1) You connected to the database finance.
2) While in the finance database you queried the foreign tables that are linked to finance_2021. 3) The queries made connections the  to finance_2021 for the purposes of making the data visible in the foreign tables in finance. 4) The client you did this did not 'leave' the finance database, so the
                            ^
                            in
only information_schema you have access to is in the finance database.

I hope now its clearer.

Thank you.

David J.

--