Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Help with plpython3u

On 6/10/20 4:35 PM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
something like EDB_PYTHONHOME
that only the Postgres install would use.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Isn't a way to configure some postgres file, so that postgres would use that file and look for python in that directory before seeing the path?

That is not something that is native to Postgres. The issue is that EDB bundles a Python version with the Language Pack and points the plpython(3)u extensions at it. I understand that, as they can't count on Python being installed as in Unix(en) OS'es or invoke a package manager to satisfy the dependency. The problem is when you do install some other form of Python on your Windows machine. Then you get the conflicts.

I guess you have to ask questions on Stackoverflow

Stackoverflow was the first place where I asked this, but with less knowledge than now. Maybe now I can ask a more concrete question about paths.

Anyways, thank you very much for your time, Adrian. I really appreciate it. If I manage to solve this I'll let you know, so if anyone else has the same problem.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx