Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment

On Jun 2, 2020, at 14:16 , Stephen Frost <sfrost@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,

I'm sure there's things we can do to improve the performance of the FDW.
Not sure we'll get to a point where we are actually cacheing information
from the far side... but who knows, maybe if we arrange to have a
notification sent whenever certain objects are updated...

These things could be worked on independnetly, of course, no need to
have one done before the other.

By all means, let’s improve the FDW. But is it practical to make it possible to query across databases on the same server,  in a similar manner to SQL Server, without needing FDW at all?