Search Postgresql Archives

Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL

On 12/03/2019 05:35, Michael Nolan wrote:
[...]
 MySQL is better at isolating users from each other and requires less expertise to administer.

[...]

I keep reading that MySQL is easier to administer, but never seen any evidence of that.  And in my very limited experience of both, I've found PostgreSQL easier to set up & administer.

From what I've read about problems with MySQL, I think that if you value your data, just don't use MySQL.   At least 4 times, since 2001, I've searched for PostgreSQL vs MySQL comparisons, and each time found PostgreSQL to be superior in terms of performance, reliability, robustness, and ease of use.

There is a definite trend of people moving from MySQL to PostgreSQL, and its not just because of Oracle (MySQL diehards are moving to MariaDB).

I have a lot more confidence in PostgreSQL, than MySQL/MariaDB.

Cheers,
Gavin

P.S. Don't top post!  As commenting at the bottom, is the norm for PostgreSQL mailing lists.