Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Autovacuum Transaction Wraparound

Hi Adrian/Joshua

Sorry to mention in the previous thread,

Auto-vacuum is already enabled in the Cluster and its doing the job perfectly. But only thing manual vacuum scheduled now (weekly Cluster wide) after noticing 'Transaction Wraparound message during Autovacuum run.

Version : 9.2.24

Query :

SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database
     datname      |    age
------------------+-----------
 template1        | 133492380
 template0        | 180987489
 postgres         |  93330701
 nagio            | 109936658
 arch__old        | 109936658
 prod .           | 151621905
Settings :
              name               |  setting  | unit
---------------------------------+-----------+------
 autovacuum                      | on        |
 autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor | 0.05      |
 autovacuum_analyze_threshold    | 50        |
 autovacuum_freeze_max_age       | 200000000 |
 autovacuum_max_workers          | 3         |
 autovacuum_naptime              | 60        | s
 autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay    | 20        | ms
 autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit    | -1        |
 autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor  | 0.2       |
 autovacuum_vacuum_threshold     | 50        |
 log_autovacuum_min_duration     |-1 .       |
Regards,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 12:07 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/11/19 11:51 AM, Perumal Raj wrote:
> Hi Experts
>
> I have noticed in my Database that, there is no regular Vacuum
> maintenance happening

What Postgres version?

> So i started Weekly Job across cluster. But still i am seeing gradual
> growth on transacation ID.

What query are you using?

> DB is still using default autovacuum_freeze_min_age &
> autovacuum_freeze_table_age.

What are the actual settings for?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

--