Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Code of Conduct

Geoff,

> If there were a CoC that would explicitly disallow occasional lighthearted humour to a non-development list that is intended to offend no-one then I would most definitely remove myself from such a project.

> Some may consider that a positive thing, but I would like to think that in the main I have at least tried to help in the small ways that I could.

> Your post, on the other hand, is clearly intended to censure a fellow contributor to the list, which I find far more offensive. I guess that's the problem with CoCs, because to some people what's reasonable behaviour is utterly unacceptable to others.

>  For what it's worth, I would consider my post to be no less on topic for postgres-general than the original topic. Even notwithstanding that I think it would be a complete waste of time and resources I don't consider this the correct place to hold such a conversation:
> there is a -docs list, after all. But since I'm able to simply ignore and delete those posts that don't interest me, I didn't really see any point in saying anything.

> Geoff

The Coc allows light-hearted humor,  I'm so disappointed you didn't get my clever punning in my last email.  I thought it was a treasure.

Now while what you said is fine for this list, it's questionable it adds value to this discussion.

On further observation, I realize it can be used as a testcase to test the strength of this Coc.  So I stand corrected this is quite relevant and useful to this discussion.  In fact, I think we should package all these and use them in regression tests for this Coc.

Thanks,
Regina