Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Code of Conduct

On 11 January 2016 at 20:13, Regina Obe <lr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While this is funny to some, I don't think it adds value to this conversation.  I would consider it a derailment and not very helpful.
>
> If I had a Coc to point at, I would point at the section  I feel you are violating.

If there were a CoC that would explicitly disallow occasional
lighthearted humour to a non-development list that is intended to
offend no-one then I would most definitely remove myself from such a
project. Some may consider that a positive thing, but I would like to
think that in the main I have at least tried to help in the small ways
that I could.

Your post, on the other hand, is clearly intended to censure a fellow
contributor to the list, which I find far more offensive. I guess
that's the problem with CoCs, because to some people what's reasonable
behaviour is utterly unacceptable to others.

For what it's worth, I would consider my post to be no less on topic
for postgres-general than the original topic. Even notwithstanding
that I think it would be a complete waste of time and resources I
don't consider this the correct place to hold such a conversation:
there is a -docs list, after all. But since I'm able to simply ignore
and delete those posts that don't interest me, I didn't really see any
point in saying anything.

Geoff