Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server

Jim Longwill schrieb am 29.10.2015 um 22:43:
Ok.  The reason I wanted to experiment with autovacuum disable for
'ddev2' database is that it is a mostly read-only database -- to
support querying from our web apps.  I.e. there are only 1 or 2 small
tables ever updated all day on it, and only about 20 or so records
total per day (compared to 'ddev1' which has much more frequent
activity).  Also, it's rebuilt periodically from the other db, so I
had the idea that we didn't need autovacuum running for 'ddev2'.

If the tables don't change, then autovacuum won't do anything.

So no harm in keeping it enabled - plus this smells like premature optimization.
I would not touch this unless you _really_ see a performance problem
that is cause by autovacuum on that database.

I can't imagine any situation that would justify turning autovacuum off.