Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgres standby won't start

On 10/08/2015 08:27 AM, Ramalingam, Sankarakumar wrote:
Yes it is and Yes I do have the recovery file.

I would suggest you and the other folks involved take a  look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/warm-standby.html

It will go a long way to explaining what you are seeing and a great deal more. Once you have read through the above, then feel free to post any questions that were not answered in the docs.

Here is the scenario. It looks like the logs are not getting shipped over to the standby. After I dragged the WAL files from Primary to Standby and restarted, I see some successful recovery messages with the file names mentioned. Right now the standby is now functional as READ ONLY.
One question would be why logs are not getting shipped to standby even though my log say connection to primary successful.

Another question, if I have to make it a standalone DB instead of standby, now that I have the required data in place, what changes I need to do in Primary as well as here.

Thanks a lot for your continuous response.

P.S. I did use pg_basebackup and moved the tar file to standby and overwrote (after cleaning up data folder) the data folder and then started the db

Thanks
Kumar Ramalingam
X6015288

--