Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists

On 07/07/2015 08:15 AM, pinker wrote:
Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
I was talking about when you ran the backup from pgAdmin. The backup
dialog has a file selector button to select the path/file you want to
back up to. So I was wondering how you got an incorrect path in the
first place? Then it  occurred to me you might not have have used the
selector, but directly pasted the path into the file field, is that the
case?

Have you tried doing the backup directly from the command line?

I'm doing it directly from command line, just took command with options from
pgadmin window (because i don't like to read the whole documentation page
with pg_dump options),

That is sort of dangerous:) As an example, do you really want --inserts or --column-inserts, they really slow down a restore.

but always running it from bash, changing only
db-name, filepath, port etc. (in bash console)

Then see Tom Lanes explanation.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx