Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists

On 07/07/2015 06:55 AM, pinker wrote:
Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
So how did you get the wrong file name then, the pgAdmin backup dialog
has a file selector?

Or did you cut and paste into the file field?

I've cut, pasted and changed parameters.

I was talking about when you ran the backup from pgAdmin. The backup dialog has a file selector button to select the path/file you want to back up to. So I was wondering how you got an incorrect path in the first place? Then it occurred to me you might not have have used the selector, but directly pasted the path into the file field, is that the case?

Another thought just occurred, that the delay is pgAdmin trying to verify the path/file you entered. I say this because of this line:

pg_dump: saving database definition

from your original post. I do not remember ever seeing that when using pg_dump directly.

Have you tried doing the backup directly from the command line?

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx