From: Redoute [mailto:redoute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 5:00 PM
To: Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis, Holger (IT.NRW); pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  logfile character encoding

Am 18.08.2014 15:31, schrieb Holger.Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis@xxxxxxxxx:

> Wikipedia says that UTF-8 is code page 65001, in Microsoft notation
> (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page). Does this help in any
> way (i.e. does German_Germany.65001 work for you)?

No, I tried that value yesterday, see my answer to Adrian.

It seems Unicode encodings are just not target of Windows Locales. Which in my opinion is reasonable: Why should it be a localization issue, how a program writes Unicode to a file? When a localized Windows suggests two different 8bit-charsets for usage (ANSI and OEM), this doesn't hinder a program to write Unicode. Why can't PostgreSQLs "Postmaster" do it?

Thanks,
Redoute