Search Postgresql Archives

Re: logfile character encoding

➢ Yeah, more digging on my part seems to indicate that no matter what you
➢ do Windows is going to set the locale to some variety of a codepage.
➢ Unfortunately, I do not use Windows enough to go much further with this.
➢ Hopefully someone more Microsoft fluent can weigh in on this, as this
➢ issue comes up periodically and it would be nice to have a definitive
➢ answer one way or another. I for one would appreciate the edification.

Wikipedia says that UTF-8 is code page 65001, in Microsoft notation (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page).  Does this help in any way (i.e. does German_Germany.65001 work for you)?