Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces

On 12/31/2013 01:31 PM, Joseph Kregloh wrote:

        ERROR:  relation "sys_errors" does not exist
        LINE 1: SELECT * FROM sys_errors ORDER BY created_ts DESC LIMIT 100;
                                ^
        ********** Error **********

        ERROR: relation "sys_errors" does not exist
        SQL state: 42P01
        Character: 15

    sys_errors is a table in the tablespace correct?

Yes it is.

So you have not upgraded the tablespaces. What is important to remember is Postgres uses numbers to keep track of relations. Part of the upgrade process involves changing the numbers that point at relations. By manually dropping a 9.0 tablespace into a 9.3 data directory you have broken that system. You need to let pg_upgrade do the translation. See my previous message below for a possible solution:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/52BDE16D.4090601@xxxxxxxxx

        The second test, using the exact same pg_upgrade line. But this
        time I
        updated the location of the tablespaces to outside the /data
        directory.
        I updated pg_tablespace and re-created all symlinks. Now the data
        directory doesn't contain the tablespaces. Again pg_upgrade
        completes
        successfully and again I get the same error about the relation.

        Any thoughts?

    --
    Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx>