Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Regarding template1 database

On 04/22/2013 08:08 PM, S H wrote:
> - I want to know the tables of tempate1

There are none, unless you choose to add some.

I got it there are no tables. What about the system tables of template1
database ? Are they updated or not?

 > > - If i want to monitor the transactions done in the template1
database (
 > > insertion/updation ) , is there any way to track the same.
I want to monitor externally, without changing the database. If there
are some system queries which can tell me what are the number of
database insertion/updation in the template1 ( including system table it
will be helpful for me).

As mentioned earlier the template databases are not really supposed to be used as active databases, but as templates for creating new databases. Also, as John mentioned system tables/views are often global and do not apply to a particular database. It would be helpful to explain what it is you want to accomplish. For example, this is for security purposes and I want to know if someone is using template1.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx